Beijing – Mutianyu – Beijing (L)
Your guide comes and picks you up at your hotel in Beijing at 08:00Am. Travel to Mutianyu Great Wall in private van. The drive will take about 1. 5 hours. On arrival you will start to hike on the wall.
Follow your expert local guide to Mutianyu Great Wall. It will take you 30 mins walk up from entrance to enter the Wall. We will walk up to the Watchtower 8, takes about 30 mins staright up on the staris. Once we are on the Wall, we will do a loop walk from Watchtower 8 to Watchtower 20 and then come back to Watchtower 6. There are three options downhill: By walking, by Cable Car or by Tobaggan.
After the hike, we will head to local farmer's restaurant to have lunch. Meet and chat with the farmers over a home-cooked Chinese meal and learn the surrounding community developement. Then we will drive back to Beijing and drop you off at your hotel.
Mutian Yu Great Wall Overview:
Mutianyu Great Wall located in Huairou County 70 km northeast of central Beijing. The Wall of Mutianyu is connected with Jiankou in the west and Lianhuachi in the east. As one of the best-preserved parts of the Great Wall, Mutianyu section used to serve as the northern barrier defending the capital and the imperial tombs. First built in the mid-6th century during the Northern Qi, the Mutianyu section is older than the Badaling section of the Great Wall. During the Ming dynasty, under the supervision of General Xu Da, construction of the present wall began, building over the past wall.
In 1404, a pass built in the wall. In 1569, the Mutianyu Great Wall rebuilt and till today most parts of it are well preserved. The Mutianyu Great Wall has the most significant construction scale and best quality among all sections of Great Wall. Follow your knowledgeable guide along the wondrous weave of the wall and marvel at the 2- or 3-story towers from ancient origins. Admire spectacular views of the Chinese countryside and gain a fascinating insight into this magnificent monument. Sip bottled water and capture fantastic photographs throughout your exploration and note the perpetually changing perspective achieved by dipping gradients and steep inclines.
What to take:
- Comfortable shoes and boots.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Cap or hat
- Camera and snacks
- Rain jacket or wind proof jacket (depends on weather)
- There is no toilet along the oath on the wall. There are toilets at the entrance of Mutian Yu Great Wall.
- You will be followed by local farmers when starting the hike. They try to provide their help along the way, as a reward they will sell some souvenirs or snacks. If you don't like, you can say No, Thanks instead of saying Maybe later. Embrace it, or ignore them. Other they might follow you all the way on the wall.
- We provide unlimited bottled water in private car/bus, and you will need a daypack to carry them.
- It is traveler's responsibility to ensure that you have travel insurance. It is traveler's responsibility to be sure to have coverage of injury or accident.
- Trekking Poles: this is available to rent upon booking. 10 CNY per day/per a pair
*At China Adventures we don't make money by taking you to commissioned shopping places, a common practice in China, wasting your time. Our well trained guides will privide the best services to you. Have a great trip!