How to Prevent Sunburn in Tibet?
Sunburns in Tibet can pose to be a major problem. However the major threat of sunburn can be avoided if proper measures can be taken. If you follow the following tips, you can avoid the major problem of sunburns. These tips are:
• Use a sunscreen with a PH value that matches with your screen. It is best to use medicated sunscreens. Use a sunscreen having SPF more than 30. This is extremely important, as the SPF value is important to determine the protection of the skin. If you are going for Tibet trekking tour or if your destination is some high altitude area, then use a sunscreen having SPF more than 60.
• Always use goggles while trekking and sunglasses while traveling in Tibet. The sunburn can affect your eyes also.
• You should apply the sunscreen more specifically to your nose and cheeks. Note down the hour it works. Apply it frequently after certain interval of time. Reapplying of sunscreen should be done during trekking to Mount Everest Base Camp or other such high altitude ranges.
• Use lip balms having SPF because lips are more sensitive than skin.
• You can carry fresh aloe-Vera gel and apply it at night at the sun burnt areas to protect from permanent damage.
• There are certain antibiotics like Tetracyclinc that increases the effect of sunburn. So in Tibet, it is better not to use drugs randomly.