Day 1: Beijing - Huangyaguan - Xishuiyu(L, D)
Transfer to Taipingzhai to start hiking to Huangyaguan. Picnic lunch on the wall. Late afternoon transfer by vehicle to Xishuiyu. Overnight in local guest house.
Day 2: Xishuiyu - Huanghuacheng - Beijing (B, L)
In the morning we will hike the Xishuiyu section to Huanghuacheng section about 4-5 hours before we head back to Beijing.
Day 1: Beijing - Huangyaguan (L, D)
Meet your expert guide at your hotel at 9 am and travel by private vehicle to Huangyaguan Great Wall. On route, hear all about this section of the UNESCO-listed wall, which runs for 26 miles (46 kilometers) along mountain ridges north of Tianjin. Constructed initially under the Northern Qi dynasty during the 6th century, Huangyaguan rebuilt in the Ming era between the 14th and 17th centuries, before several miles of it were again restored between 1984 and 1986.
On arrival of Taipingzhai, we will hike along the steeply stepped battlements, absorbing the spectacular views over the mountains and watchtowers disappearing into the distance. We will spend 3 hours hike this section. Throughout your hike, we will provide you with water and snacks. At midday, enjoy a picnic lunch that is provided by your guide. You’ll then drive to Xishuiyu for an overnight stay at a local farmer's guesthouse.
• Local farmer's guest house (1 night)
• Entrance to the Great Wall Huangyaguan
• Picnic at the wall
• Dinner at the local guesthouse
Day 2: Xishuiyu – Huanghuacheng - Beijing (B, L)
After a typical farmer’s breakfast, we will walk up from Xishuiyu village to Huanghuacheng Great Wall. The entire guided walk is about 5 miles /8 km and takes roughly 3 – 5 hours.
You will see another part of the Wall cut by another reservoir. A stunning view from the top of the watchtower. Coming down on a little path and we will finish the hike at the parking lot. Be warned that it is slippery when descending the Wall, and you don’t have to rush forward. After hiking, relax on the ride back to Beijing. When you arrive, enjoy a traditional Chinese lunch at Wangfujing shopping district before we finish our tour.
Transportation: private bus
• Entrance to Huanghuacheng Great Wall
• Breakfast and lunch
What to take:
- Comfortable shoes and boots.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Cap or hat
- Camera and snacks
- Changing clothing for one overnight staying
- Rain jacket or wind proof jacket (depends on weather)
- There is no toilet along the oath on the wall. There are toilets at the entrance of each Great Wall sections.
- You will be followed by local farmers when starting the hike. They try to provide their help along the way, as a reward they will sell some souvenirs or snacks. If you don't like, you can say No, Thanks instead of saying Maybe later. Embrace it, or ignore them. Other they might follow you all the way on the wall.
- We provide unlimited bottled water in private car/bus, and you will need a daypack to carry them.
- It is traveler's responsibility to ensure that you have travel insurance. It is traveler's responsibility to be sure to have coverage of injury or accident.
- Trekking Poles: this is available to rent upon booking. 10 CNY per day/per a pair
Booking a Single Room - On this particular tour we are pleased to be able to offer travellers the option of pre-booking a guaranteed single room. Your accommodation is selected for convenient.
Vaccinations and Your Health - We recommend that you contact your primary care physician or a travel doctor for advice on vaccinations and travel health and we advise that you check to see if your tetanus-diphtheria booster is still valid every 10 years.
*At China Adventures we don't make money by taking you to commissioned shopping places, a common practice in China, wasting your time. Our well trained guides will privide the best services to you. Have a great trip!